- Application Due Date: Feb. 9, 2018DePaul PRSSA 2018 Exec applications
If interested in applying for DePaul PRSSA’s executive board please email 1) Your resume and 2) A cover letter listing the top two positions you’re interested in and why you would like to join the executive board.
Below are the positions available on our executive board. Next to each position is the name of the board member who currently holds that role. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to your board member of interest, or DePaul PRSSA’s president Andrew Willett at email@example.com.
- VP of Professional Development (Andrew Willett- firstname.lastname@example.org)
- VP of Membership Services (Dalia Awdi- email@example.com)
- VP of Special Events (Lauren Polito– firstname.lastname@example.org)
- VP of Philanthropy (Levi Jacobson- email@example.com)
- VP of Social Media (Jessalyn Kieta– firstname.lastname@example.org)
- VP of Digital (Kate Hohenstatt- email@example.com)Position Descriptions
VP of Professional Development
- Work with the president on assigning themes and planning all chapter meetings.
- Responsible for contacting guest speakers and/or interactive workshops/discussions for chapter meetings along with the president.
- Plan all agency visits (2 per quarter) including outreach and thank you notes for visits.
- Continue to present new topics, exciting speakers and networking opportunities for the members of our chapter.
- Monitor for internship opportunities and local YPN events to pass along to our membership.
VP of Chapter Development
- Book rooms for all events and meeti
- Write “Meeting Reminder” and send out Sunday before each general body meeting.
- Send out chapter update each Tuesday, include meeting notes from general body meeting or executive board meeting.
- Budget Chapter funds/oversee bank account and all monetary transaction
- Collect all dues and send dues to PRSSA national.
VP of Membership Services
- Coordinate the collection of membership forms and dues with the VP of chapter development.
- Coordinate all membership and outreach efforts including the involvement fair and classroom outreach at the beginning of fall and winter quarters.
- Monitor PRSSA email account and respond to membership inquiries.
- Lead discussion with board each quarter on picking member of the quarter.
VP of Special Events
- Brainstorm ideas for socials and special events with Chapter President and Executive Board.
- Write and submit a bid to PRSSA National to host a regional conference, if interested.
- Coordinate other social events for the chapter for members to engage with one another outside of regular chapter meetings.
- Connect with members of other Chicago PRSSA chapters for socials and other event opportunities.
VP of Social Media
- Act as an online community manager for DePaul PRSSA members and the wider PRSSA network.
- Seek out opportunities that members would be interested in such as internship and job opportunities, up- coming networking events, industry news, and meeting topi
- Plan out all chapter meeting related promotional posts for each quarter
- Be ready to respond to comments or mentions online about DePaul PRSSA in a professional yet friendly manner.
- Live tweet meeting and events we’re hosting/attending.
- Design all organization’s graphics.
VP of Digital
- Maintain the DePaul PRSSA website by updating the current sections with new information and noteworthy Chapter news.
- Manage the exPRess blog by creating content calendars and working with other members to contribute content.
- Take pictures at meetings and other events to post to social media pages.
- Create promotional video for recruitment and any other large events.
- Assist VP of Social Media whenever necessary.
- Create graphics for DePaul PRSSA events (conference logo, etc.)